Other than the obvious (tent, sleeping bag, soap, etc.), here’s a list of items you will want to bring along to the California Wet Dreaming Campout on June 30th:
- Outfit/makeup/whatever for Friday night’s Your Mama Says You’re Ugly tent pub crawl. For some reason, a hillbilly theme comes to mind for me, but whatever you like.
- A dish for Friday night that serves at least 10.
- Outfit/props/whatever for “Star Whores” Shooting Star hash.
- Any alcoholic beverage other than beer that you may want to consume at campout.
- Extra water (plenty will be on hand, but it’s always nice to have some right there when you are dying of alcohol-induced dehydration).
- Cooler. With your own ice. Ice brought by your host (me) is off limits.
- Bathing suit.
- An inflatable or two for the swimming hole.
- Water guns/balloons/cheap condoms.
- Not-so-cheap condoms (love connections do happen at campout).
- Bug spray! Mosquitos were in full force during my campsite visit earlier this month.
- Ideas on how to murder an entire colony of yellow jackets. They weren’t present last year, but you never know.
- Camping chairs – you’ll be thankful you did.
- Headlamp/flashlight – for nighttime trips to the loo and such. *Note: these are NOT permitted at the midnight hash Saturday night.
- Jacket – it can get pretty cold at night, and the decision whether or not to take a piss or suffer permanent bladder damage should never come up.
- Extra toilet paper. This probably won’t be an issue, but being prepared in this regard may just cave your life.
- Soap and shampoo. We will have a hot-water shower tent this year.
- And the obvious – vessels, whistles, and shiggy socks
I’ll update this list as I think of more necessities for you to pack. If you have any great ideas to list, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll consider them carefully.
Hello Penis My Old Friend