Other than the obvious (tent, sleeping bag, camping chairs, bug spray, etc.), here’s a list of items you will want to bring along to the California Wet Dreaming Campout on June 30th:
- Something – ANYTHING – that brings to mind the roaring ’20s/’30s for the Speakeasy Tent Pub Crawl.
- A dish for Friday night’s potluck that serves at least 8. We’ll provide the meats.
- Tutu for Saturday (all day!).
- Any alcoholic beverage other than beer that you may want to consume at campout.
- Extra water (plenty will be on hand, but it’s always nice to have some right there when you are dying of alcohol-induced dehydration).
- Cooler. With your own ice. Ice brought by Hash Campout Mismanagement is off limits (sorry).
- Bathing suit for Saturday (or whenever you fancy). This year, the river must be excited about our arrival, cuz she’s dripping wet.
- An inflatable or two for the swimming hole.
- Water guns for whenever.
- Condoms (love connections do happen at campout).
- Ideas on how to murder an entire colony of yellow jackets. They weren’t present the last two years, but you never know.
- Headlamp/flashlight – for nighttime trips to the loo and such. *Note: these are NOT permitted at the midnight hash Saturday night.
- Jacket – it can get pretty cold at night, and the decision whether or not to take a piss or suffer permanent bladder damage should never come up.
- Extra toilet paper. The four flush toilets at the campsite are usually well-stocked with paper, but being prepared in this regard may just save your life.
- Soap and shampoo. We will have a HOT-WATER shower tent this year.
- And the obvious – vessels, whistles, and shiggy socks
I’ll update this list as I think of more necessities for you to pack. If you have any great ideas to list, email them to email@example.com and I’ll consider them carefully.
Hello Penis My Old Friend